PHP Applications – FAQ
01. What languages/technologies are used in the applications offered by The Business Manager?
02. What operating system is required to run your applications?
Our applications are built using PHP/MySQL/AJAX/XHTML so, you can use any operating system supporting this technologies. However, we’ve been successfully testing our applications on Windows and Linux.
03. Do I need to install any other software in order to use your applications?
The applications we offer are web/intranet applications thus, they should be installed on a web server. There are several complete web server solutions out there. Our development environment is XAMPP installed on Windows 7. Make sure you download and install the ionCube loaders as our source codes are protected with the ionCube encoder.
04. What level of knowledge should I have in order to be able to install your applications?
You should have a basic understanding of how does a web server work as well as how does a web site work.
05. Would you install the application on my server?
We’ll be glad to. We will need full access to the server where you wish to have the application(s) installed.
06. Do you offer customer support?
For our free PHP Applications, please feel free to ask questions in our forums. For any of the PHP Applications you pay for, you will also get 1 year of unlimited email support. Customers who buy any of our paid support packages will be offered, beside Email support, support over Skype and GTalk. Our Skype and GTalk ID is: thebusinessmanager
07. Do I get the source code when I download your applications?
Our applications are encoded using ionCube encoder so you don’t have access to most of the source codes.
08. Is it possible to customize an application to fully meet my needs?
If you need any customizations/changes, please feel free to ask. We’ll analyze your request and we’ll let you know what costs are involved, if any. Customizations that don’t require a lot of work and time are free of charge for Premium Support customers as long as their subscribtion is active.
09. What is the users license?
Some of our PHP Applications are user licensed. What this means is that you can have (in the given PHP Application) a maximum number of users equal to the number of user licenses you’ve purchased.
10. Can I increase the number of user licenses after my innitial purchase?
Sure you can. You will only have to pay the difference between what you’ve paid and the actual price for the total number of user licenses you need
11. Will I get upgrades to the PHP Application I bought?
The minor upgrades are free. For instance, if you have PHP Inventory System 2.0, any upgrade before PHP Inventory System 3.0 is a minor upgrade. Major upgrades (e.g. ver 2.0 to 3.0) can be purchased for a discounted price. Customers who have active 1 year premium support will get major upgrades for free.
12. What if I realize I don’t like your application after I bought it? Can I get my money back?
You can test our applications as long as you like using our online demos. Also, you may ask any questions before you pay for the application you’d like to use. Under this circumstances, The Business Manager doesn’t do any refounds.
13. What is the difference between Hosted Version and Standalone Version?
Hosted Version means we will set up and host the application (files and database) for you. The fees for the Hosted Version are monthly fees. Standalone Version means we’ll give you the files and you can host them using your own resources. The fees for the Standalone Version are one time fees.